Police release sketch of suspect in deadly shooting of man, 80, Third Ward
HOUSTON -- Police have now released surveillance video and sketches of the possible killers in hopes of catching the suspects in a deadly shooting in the Third Ward.
A 70-year-old man was killed in his apartment on Canfield last week, and now police have released new clues in the murder.
Police say there are four suspects in the case, a getaway driver, a lady passenger and the two men who killed Billy Chatman.
Balloons and candles placed outside Chatman's southeast Houston apartment are a reminder he would've been 71 on Tuesday.
"It shouldn't have happened like this. The man was 70 years old," a neighbor told Eyewitness News.
But just one day before he could celebrate, two gunmen shot and killed him. Police say the suspects were at his apartment to buy Xanax from Chatman.
"But he did deal in prescription pills. So the witness statements we have received is that these individuals have met with him in past," HPD Homicide Sgt. Colin Howard said.
One week into their investigation, homicide detectives are releasing the sketch of one suspect. He has a Texans tattoo described on the inside of his left arm and video of a getaway car.
"A charcoal gray or dark gray Nissan Armada. It may have been a Nissan Pathfinder but everyone described it as a Nissan Armada." 309
Marcus Nealy locked eyes with the suspects as they left Chatman's apartment last Wednesday afternoon and says he'll do whatever it takes to make sure they're caught.
"I went down to homicide, gave them the best I could do, gave them descriptions. I even told them I'd point them out if they get 'em. So hopefully HPD will do their job, which they will, and we should see some justice on this," he said.
Investigators say the suspects have been seen in the apartment complex, with different cars.
The gray/charcoal SUV you in the video has paper license plates, light window tint and a chrome or silver luggage rack and trailer hitch. Also, a black Nissan with Texans stickers on the top corners of the front and back windshields.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, sonia azad
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos