Wheelchair stuntman "Wheelz" visits Break the Barriers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An athlete known around the world for pulling off tricks on his wheelchair visited the Valley on Tuesday.
Aaron Fotheringham enjoyed a special performance by the kids from "Break The Barriers" on Tuesday. Fotheringham is also known as Wheelz. He was diagnosed with spina bifida when he was born and has used a wheelchair all of his life.
When he was young, Aaron learned how to do flips while riding. He said he was impressed by the Break the Barriers performance. "Gymnastics is so gnarly... Doing double back flips... It's so cool!
Wheelz travels with Travis Pastrana's Nitro Circus Live act, and is the only person who has been able to pull off flips on a 50 feet tall ramp while in a wheelchair.
Nitro Circus Live will go on tour for the first time in North America later this year. They will be at the Save Mart Center, in January.
good news, fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, local
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl