Stolen car chase ends in Central Fresno crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A pursuit involving a stolen car came to a crashing end in Central Fresno.
The chase ended near First and Shields around midnight. Police say officers tried to pull over the suspect after he was seen driving the wrong way near First and Floradora. A pursuit ensued when the driver refused to stop.
Police were forced to call off the chase, bBut the suspect ended up running a red light and crashing into another vehicle.
The people in the other car are expected to be okay.
"If you look at their car, he struck it in the rear, so it looks like most of the damage was sustained by the stolen car he was driving so yeah, they are pretty lucky," said Joe Gomez, Fresno Police Department.
The driver ran away from the scene but was later arrested. Authorities say they're currently looking for a woman who was also in the stolen car and got away from the scene.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, accident, theft, high speed chase, crimetracker, local
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos