Stolen car chase ends in Central Fresno crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A pursuit involving a stolen car came to a crashing end in Central Fresno.
The chase ended near First and Shields around midnight. Police say officers tried to pull over the suspect after he was seen driving the wrong way near First and Floradora. A pursuit ensued when the driver refused to stop.
Police were forced to call off the chase, bBut the suspect ended up running a red light and crashing into another vehicle.
The people in the other car are expected to be okay.
"If you look at their car, he struck it in the rear, so it looks like most of the damage was sustained by the stolen car he was driving so yeah, they are pretty lucky," said Joe Gomez, Fresno Police Department.
The driver ran away from the scene but was later arrested. Authorities say they're currently looking for a woman who was also in the stolen car and got away from the scene.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, accident, theft, high speed chase, crimetracker, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos