Police need public's help to find clues in Pearland murder case
PEARLAND, TX -- A murder mystery is unfolding in Pearland after a man was found dead inside his home. Police believe the killer may have tried to cover up the crime and eliminate all the evidence.
Police went to the man's house on Pinder near Glencullen after his co-workers became concerned when he missed work.
Pearland police have little to go on right now, but they do have two pieces to this murder that could crack this case wide open, including a fire that could have been an attempt to cover up the killing.
From the outside, there's evidence of a fire inside 51-year-old Juanario Rosas home, where he was found dead. The blinds are melted and pealed back.
"We never saw anything come out, nobody," a nearby neighbor named Janice told Eyewitness News.
Janice pointed out two holes on the roof of the home, also caused the by the fire. Neighbors say they never heard a fire truck.
Fire was out before Rosas' co-workers came knocking Sunday night.
"A couple of coworkers reported that he hadn't been to work and they were concerned about him, to see if he was there or see if he was home," Pearland Police Department Lt. Onesimo Lopez said.
When police went in, they found Rosas dead in his bedroom. They say he was killed in a violent attack, and the killer is someone he knew.
Few clues were left in the home. Police say the case is going cold and fast.
"I'd see him about every two or three times out of the month walking his dog and that was it," neighbor Jeremy Lucy said.
That dog, a poodle mix named Ace, was taken from the home after the murder. Finding Ace, police say, could lead them closer to Rosas killer.
"We were just good neighbors, and now someone took him from us, and it's not right. And they should be punished," Janice said.
Pearland police would not give us any other details about the fire and if it was an attempt to cover up this murder. Right now, they want to hear from you. They are looking to get a timeline of Rosas' whereabouts in the hours before the murder.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Pearland Police Department (281-997-4100) or Brazoria County Crime Stoppers (979-864-2279).
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2 39 min ago
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- Accuweather Forecast
24 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos