Bullard Talent students feature Yellow Dot assignment at Art Hop
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Students from Bullard Talent were challenged to transform a yellow dot into something entirely different.
The canvases were on display at Warners Theatre Thursday night. The event's organizer said she got the idea when she read the Pablo Picasso quote, "there are painters that transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of art and their intelligence, transform the spot into the sun."
"One night I was looking at famous artist quotes and I saw that and thought, you know what I think I can do something with that quote. It's Pablo Picasso and it kinda just blossomed into this big event," Organizer Stacey Williams.
All of the money raised at Thursday night's event will go toward the Visual Arts Program at Bullard Talent. It was the first event of its kind held by the school and there are already plans to hold something like it in the future.
fresno, fresno county, fresno unified school district, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 51 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs