Bullard Talent students feature Yellow Dot assignment at Art Hop
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Students from Bullard Talent were challenged to transform a yellow dot into something entirely different.
The canvases were on display at Warners Theatre Thursday night. The event's organizer said she got the idea when she read the Pablo Picasso quote, "there are painters that transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of art and their intelligence, transform the spot into the sun."
"One night I was looking at famous artist quotes and I saw that and thought, you know what I think I can do something with that quote. It's Pablo Picasso and it kinda just blossomed into this big event," Organizer Stacey Williams.
All of the money raised at Thursday night's event will go toward the Visual Arts Program at Bullard Talent. It was the first event of its kind held by the school and there are already plans to hold something like it in the future.
fresno, fresno county, fresno unified school district, local
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops