Biker club shoot out in Calwa leaves one dead and several injured
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One person is dead and several people were injured after a shooting at motorcycle clubhouse. The shooting happened during a dance at the Soul Brother's Club in Fresno County.
The shooting happened before 2 a.m. Saturday on Calwa just east of Pullman.
As Fresno County deputies arrived on scene, hundreds of people were leaving the area, and shots were still being fired. As many as 100 deputies, CHP and FPD officers responded.
Authorities say the motorcycle club was hosting a dance with as many as 500 people present. The shooting started inside the clubhouse, and then quickly moved outside where a running gun battle occurred on Calwa Avenue.
One person was found dead inside the club, as well as several others injured. Another victim was found on a nearby street, and several others were taken to Community Regional Medical Center prior to deputies arriving on scene.
Injuries ranged from minor to extremely serious. Stay with Action News and abc30.com for any new details.
calwa, fresno county, shooting, crimetracker, gang, local
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps 18 min ago
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help 12 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 41 min ago
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart