Fresno police investigate stabbing near Cedar and Alluvial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a stabbing near Cedar and Alluvial in Northeast Fresno.
Fresno police officers say the victim was stabbed three times in the torso and he is in serious but stable condition. Police say the victim was walking north along Cedar with his girlfriend and her son. Someone approached them and started stabbing the victim and police have no idea what provoked the attacker.
"He does not have any connection to the victims.. Right now we don't know what the motive is but that's what investigators are working on," Fresno Police Lt. Joe Garza said.
Police say the suspect ran from the scene and got a ride home from a group of people not involved in the crime. They were able to tell police where the suspect was, leading to his arrest.
Police have not released the identity of the 18-year-old suspect.
crimetracker, stabbing, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos