Fresno police investigate stabbing near Cedar and Alluvial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a stabbing near Cedar and Alluvial in Northeast Fresno.
Fresno police officers say the victim was stabbed three times in the torso and he is in serious but stable condition. Police say the victim was walking north along Cedar with his girlfriend and her son. Someone approached them and started stabbing the victim and police have no idea what provoked the attacker.
"He does not have any connection to the victims.. Right now we don't know what the motive is but that's what investigators are working on," Fresno Police Lt. Joe Garza said.
Police say the suspect ran from the scene and got a ride home from a group of people not involved in the crime. They were able to tell police where the suspect was, leading to his arrest.
Police have not released the identity of the 18-year-old suspect.
crimetracker, stabbing, local
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 16 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts