Mistrial declared in the case of a Fresno woman accused of shooting parents
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A mistrial has been declared in the trial against a Fresno woman for trying to kill her parents.
Lisa Alarcon, 25, is accused of shooting her mom and dad through their bedroom window last August.
Wednesday, the jury told the judge there is no way they can come to a unanimous verdict in the case.
Prosecutors hung their case on a neighbor who identified Alarcon as the shooter.
The defense says it was too dark to see anyone in the yard that night.
Attorneys will begin the trial from scratch at the end of the month.
In the meantime Alarcon remains in jail.
crimetracker, shooting, court, fresno, fresno county, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- Accuweather Forecast
39 min ago