Mistrial declared in the case of a Fresno woman accused of shooting parents
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A mistrial has been declared in the trial against a Fresno woman for trying to kill her parents.
Lisa Alarcon, 25, is accused of shooting her mom and dad through their bedroom window last August.
Wednesday, the jury told the judge there is no way they can come to a unanimous verdict in the case.
Prosecutors hung their case on a neighbor who identified Alarcon as the shooter.
The defense says it was too dark to see anyone in the yard that night.
Attorneys will begin the trial from scratch at the end of the month.
In the meantime Alarcon remains in jail.
crimetracker, shooting, court, fresno, fresno county, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos