Ex-Clovis cop slapped with higher bail amount
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A judge slapped an ex-Clovis police officer with an even higher bail amount on Wednesday for violating a court order. Kyle Pennington was arrested last month for violating a domestic violence restraining order to stay away from his alleged victim.
At first Kyle Pennington shied away from our cameras when he walked out of a courtroom. Moments later, we asked him to comment about his arrest. Pennington replied, "Absolutely not. There's not other news going on?"
Sanger police arrested Pennington on September 18th. Officers say he violated a restraining order in a big way by living with the alleged victim. On Wednesday afternoon prosecutors argued Pennington should post a higher bail because he's still a threat to the woman.
Sanger police went to the home for a welfare check last month. There they say they found an injury to the victim's eyebrow and bruises on her arm. But Pennington's defense team says she got the wounds after a curtain rod fell on her and they have the photos to prove it. His attorney told us, they are no longer living together. "They know they are not supposed to have contact and I continue to insist it is incredibly stupid to do something like this under the circumstances," said Marshall Hodgkins.
The judge upped Pennington's bail by 30 thousand dollars. His defense says it should never have been increased because no additional charges were filed. "He came to court understanding there was a possibility he is going to custody, he's not going to custody and he will post the bail," added Hodgkins.
crimetracker, fresno, fresno county, clovis, sanger, local, mariana jacob
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno 30 min ago
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos