Firebaugh Boys & Girls Club Director arrested for attempted enticement of a minor for a sexual act
PRESS RELEASE (KFSN) -- A joint investigation by the Central California Internet Crimes against Children Task Force, the Firebaugh Police Department, and Homeland Security Investigations has resulted in the arrest of the Director of the Boys and Girls Club in the City of Firebaugh.
Firebaugh resident, Juan Martin Torres, 25, was arrested earlier today on federal charges of Attempted Enticement/Coercion of a Minor to Engage in an Illegal Sexual Act.
The investigation began last week when a 13 year old juvenile contacted the Firebaugh PD to report unwanted messages from Torres via social media. Torres had apparently been messaging the juvenile since earlier in the year.
This morning, search warrants were served at the Boys and Girls Club in Firebaugh, and at Torres' residence. Computers and other items were seized during the service of the warrants.
Torres, who had been detained at his residence, was ultimately arrested and later booked into the Fresno County Jail on the federal charge.
Detectives believe there are more victims. They are asking anyone who may have been a victim, or anyone who may have information on this investigation to please contact Sgt Jeff Kertson at 600-8144.
crimetracker, sex crimes, firebaugh, fresno county, local, linda mumma
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules