Five from Clovis arrested in statewide unlicensed contractor sting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A statewide undercover sting of unlicensed contractors has resulted in the arrest of 75 people, including five in Clovis. One of them is a registered sex offender.
Investigators for the Contractor's State License Board posed as homeowners seeking bids for home improvements such as painting, electrical, plumbing, and several other possible home projects.
Several people arrested in the sting were sex offenders, or convicted felons and others had active arrest warrants. The Clovis arrests included people already wanted for drug possession, robbery, rape, and DUI
One of the men arrested, David Jose Torres, is a registered sex offender.
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 10 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office 56 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs,...
13 min ago