Bed Bug infestation at Olmos Elementary School and a nearby apartment complex in Southeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An entire school campus in Southeast Fresno will be treated this weekend for bed bugs.
Olmos Elementary School sent letters home to parents advising the school has had an issue with bed bugs in several classrooms.
The school says an apartment complex has been identified as the source of the problem and the school is working with the manager there to resolve the issue.
Over the weekend, the school will be treated by Valley Pest Control as well as the apartment complex where the students live.
The school first learned of the problem a few weeks ago and was recently able to pinpoint the source.
Here's the letter from the school:
Olmos Elementary School
October 11, 2013
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Recently our school has had an issue with bed bugs in several classrooms. I want to assure you that our Environmental Services team, Health Services and our Assistant Superintendent Holland Locker have been aggressively working to resolve the problem. An apartment complex has been identified as the source of the problem and we are working collaboratively with the manager to resolve the issue. Over the weekend the school will be treated with Suspend SC - Deltamethrin, Bedlam - Sumithrin and Transport - Bifenthren. The apartment manager has agreed to treat the affected area as well.
The health and safety of all of our students and staff is our highest priority and we will continue to work aggressively to resolve the issue.
I appreciate your support and if you have any questions or concerns please contact me at 253-6620.
Mario G. Olmos Elementary School
fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, local, mariana jacob
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall 1 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe 19 min ago
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- How outside workers deal with cold temps
57 min ago