Suspected drunk driver may be to blame for Central Fresno Power outage
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A suspected drunk driver is to blame for a large power outage in Central Fresno Saturday. Fresno police said the accident happened just before 12 a.m. at Palm and Thomas in the Tower District.
Police found an SUV on its side, in the middle of the road on fire with the driver trapped in the car. Citizens came to the driver's rescue. Police say the man lost control of his car on Palm, smashing into a PG&E power pole.
Neighborhoods South and West of tower got their power back Sunday morning. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence. No one was hurt in the crash.
fresno central, accident, local
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit 41 min ago
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly