Police investigate Southeast Fresno stabbing
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police are investigating a bizarre stabbing case. Officers found the victim sitting on his neighbor's porch on Illinois Avenue near 11th Street around 9:20 p.m. Saturday. Police say the 33-year-old was drinking a beer and holding an aluminum baseball bat.
The man had a slash wound to his abdomen and puncture wounds to his torso and forearm. The man would only tell officers he was stabbed at his home on the same block. The victim was treated at Community Regional Medical Center.
Police do not believe the crime was gang-related.
fresno southeast, stabbing, crimetracker, local
- Pedestrian killed in Highway 99 hit and run crash
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New Adopt-a-Tree Program at Two Sisters U-Pick Apricots
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say