Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies investigate a homicide near Orange Cove
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Sunday a man was found shot to death at a marijuana grow near Orange Cove. Fresno County deputies are searching for a suspect as they prepare to destroy the plants surrounding the crime scene.
Deputies found a 45-year-old with a gunshot wound around 11:30 a.m. Sunday. They are interviewing the property owners and say the victim was shot to death.
"There's not that many plants on the ground, we suspect there's more material dried and processed here," said Rick Ko with the Fresno County Sheriff Office.
Investigators say the people that live at the property knew the victim. They are asking questions, but have not made an arrest.
"This is the first homicide at a marijuana grow we've had a number of home invasion and home robberies this year, and last year we had six homicides at marijuana grows," Ko said.
Deputies say they are not sure if the the peole that lived at the property will face any charges. Narcotics detectives will eradicate the marijuana grow. Deputies said it's a testament to show the dangers of growing marijuana.
"Often times, these are neighborhoods close to other houses, schools, close to where people are recreating so it's very, very dangerous," Ko said.
Deputies said they have some strong leads but they have not made an arrest. If you have any information you are asked to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
orange cove, homicide, marijuana, crimetracker, local, anthony pura
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos