Sanger Police investigate a deadly shooting
SANGER, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County authorities are looking for a man who may be connected to an overnight murder in Sanger.
The incident happened around midnight near Fifth Street and K Street in Sanger. Authorities said 26-year-old Jose Velazquez was found shot in the front yard of a home.
A short time later, Parlier Police pulled over a S.U.V. that matched a description of a vehicle seen leaving the scene of the shooting. Two people inside that the vehicle were arrested, but a third person ran away. Inside the vehicle officers found alcohol and a gun.
Investigators are still trying to determine if the people in the S.U.V. are connected to the shooting.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for more on this story.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, crimetracker, shooting, homicide, local, amanda venegas
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels