Two Central High School students robbed at gunpoint
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two men are in jail after being accused of robbing two high school students at gunpoint in Northwest Fresno.
Fresno Police said they received a call just after 3 p.m. on Monday from the Central High School East Campus regarding an armed robbery that had just taken place near the campus. They said two students were waiting to be picked up from school, when they were approached by one of the suspects and robbed at gunpoint. Police said the two students complied and gave the suspects everything they had with them.
Police used the victim's description as well as video footage from a nearby camera to catch the suspects. Police found the 18 and 19-year-old suspects near Shaw and Brawley around 9:30 p.m. Monday night. They said one of the suspects attempted to flee, but was detained after a brief struggle.
"It was excellent work, again a good description by the victims and some good work by our officers that spotted the vehicle afterwards," said Jose Garza, Fresno Police Department.
Police said they recovered two handguns, a .38 caliber revolver and a semi-automatic .9mm, in the suspect's car. They also recovered the stolen items and marijuana.
Lawrence Darrough, 19, of Fresno and Darnell Thomas, 19, were both arrested and charged with accessory to Robbery and a multitude of weapons violations related to the armed robbery. Both subjects were booked into the Fresno County Jail for the above listed charges.
Police are asking anyone with additional information regarding the case to call the Fresno Police Department at 621-7000.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, fresno west central, robbery, crimetracker, local
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt