Fatal big rig crash slows traffic on HWY 99 in Selma
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol worked for several hours to clear the accident that killed the driver of the big rig after it crashed in to a sign pole.
Investigators say the crash happened around 3:30 a.m., on Highway 99 near Floral Avenue. Witnesses said the driver of the big rig veered off the highway and into a highway sign. The crash caused the truck to burst into flames, and the driver was trapped inside.
CHP said the driver who was killed was a 52-year-old man from Merced. His identity has not been released.
selma, fresno county, accident, local
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno