Fatal big rig crash slows traffic on HWY 99 in Selma
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol worked for several hours to clear the accident that killed the driver of the big rig after it crashed in to a sign pole.
Investigators say the crash happened around 3:30 a.m., on Highway 99 near Floral Avenue. Witnesses said the driver of the big rig veered off the highway and into a highway sign. The crash caused the truck to burst into flames, and the driver was trapped inside.
CHP said the driver who was killed was a 52-year-old man from Merced. His identity has not been released.
selma, fresno county, accident, local
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted 42 min ago
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos