Clovis police arrest drug dealer during a deal on a sidewalk
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Clovis police arrested Rafael Guzman, 39, shortly after 11 o'clock Thursday night in his front of his house as he was in the middle of a drug deal.
Officers also arrested Jeremy Mitchell, 32, for possession of a controlled substance. Patrol officers developed enough information to establish probable cause, allowing them to get a search warrant. Clovis Narcotics detectives authored the warrant.
When officers served the warrant, they found more than three pounds of pre-packaged marijuana, more than 800 ecstasy pills, approximately 800 Alprazolam and Lorazepam pills and about $4,000 worth of crystal methamphetamine. In addition, officers seized more than $2,400 in cash. The drugs and cash have been booked into evidence.
The investigation into Guzman's drug sales has been going on for about a month. Clovis police patrol officers arrested him at his home in the 3000 block of Villa for five counts of possession of a controlled substance for sale.
Guzman is considered to be a mid-level drug dealer in the Clovis area. Officers booked Guzman and Mitchell into the Fresno County Jail Friday morning.
crimetracker, drug bust, clovis, fresno, fresno county, local
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tulare County 7 min ago
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet 59 min ago
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident