Clovis police arrest drug dealer during a deal on a sidewalk
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Clovis police arrested Rafael Guzman, 39, shortly after 11 o'clock Thursday night in his front of his house as he was in the middle of a drug deal.
Officers also arrested Jeremy Mitchell, 32, for possession of a controlled substance. Patrol officers developed enough information to establish probable cause, allowing them to get a search warrant. Clovis Narcotics detectives authored the warrant.
When officers served the warrant, they found more than three pounds of pre-packaged marijuana, more than 800 ecstasy pills, approximately 800 Alprazolam and Lorazepam pills and about $4,000 worth of crystal methamphetamine. In addition, officers seized more than $2,400 in cash. The drugs and cash have been booked into evidence.
The investigation into Guzman's drug sales has been going on for about a month. Clovis police patrol officers arrested him at his home in the 3000 block of Villa for five counts of possession of a controlled substance for sale.
Guzman is considered to be a mid-level drug dealer in the Clovis area. Officers booked Guzman and Mitchell into the Fresno County Jail Friday morning.
crimetracker, drug bust, clovis, fresno, fresno county, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 27 min ago
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Accuweather Forecast
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos