Police remove several explosives from an alley in Clovis
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Clovis Police Department bomb squad removed several homemade explosives from an alley Monday afternoon.
The Clovis Police Department received a call from a homeowner at 4th Street and Oxford Ave. who said he saw a paper sack with what looked like a suspicious object inside. Officers closed off 4th Street between Cherry Lane and Oxford Ave.
A robot was used to put what appeared to be four homemade explosives into a bucket of water to help neutralize them. The bomb squad then took the explosives to an area outside the city to render them safe.
clovis, clovis police department, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals