Police remove several explosives from an alley in Clovis
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Clovis Police Department bomb squad removed several homemade explosives from an alley Monday afternoon.
The Clovis Police Department received a call from a homeowner at 4th Street and Oxford Ave. who said he saw a paper sack with what looked like a suspicious object inside. Officers closed off 4th Street between Cherry Lane and Oxford Ave.
A robot was used to put what appeared to be four homemade explosives into a bucket of water to help neutralize them. The bomb squad then took the explosives to an area outside the city to render them safe.
clovis, clovis police department, local
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers 46 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos