Suspects in Nick's bar murder walk free
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The family of a man beaten and shot to death outside a Fresno bar is angry after three suspects arrested for the murder walk free.
Branden Cervantez was a father of seven who was a kid at heart. Family members say he loved dressing up on Halloween, and having fun.
Every Christmas he dressed up as Santa Claus and his sister says even though the kids caught on, they pretended to not know it was dad or uncle branded inside the red and white suit. Now memories are all his family has left.
"He was always there for us," said Branden's sister Denise Valdovinos. "Whenever you need him, he was there for us. He was always making everyone laugh."
Loved ones say the 30 year old died protecting a young woman he never knew at a bar not far from his house. Fresno police say Cervantez may have been trying to break up a fight involving two women in the bar. But, when he went outside, he was jumped by several mad men. He was beaten and shot several times.
"He was just left there like he was nothing," said Valdovinos. "But he was something. He was my brother, he was a father, he was a son."
Friday family members felt some relief, when police arrested the suspected shooter, Kevin Ramirez and two beating suspects, Raziel Cruz and Daniel Rosadilla. But, Tuesday all three were set free since charges were not filed.
Valdovinos added, "I just want them to pay for what they did, every single one of them."
Investigators will not say what evidence they need to collect to re-arrest the suspects.
Three warrants were served to collect evidence but it's unknown if any weapons were found.
If you have any information about this murder, please call Fresno police.
shooting, bulldog gang, gang, crimetracker, fresno, fresno central, fresno county, local, sontaya rose
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown 35 min ago
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber 20 min ago
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney 18 min ago
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?