Robbers impersonating police try invading a Fresno County home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies are looking for a group of suspects who posed as police officers to steal marijuana from a home.
Sheriff's deputies were called to a house on Church near Valentine in Fresno County around 8:30 last night. Authorities say up to seven suspects showed up demanding marijuana, and threatened the people who were living there.
"They were wearing ski masks, dark clothing, but they were identifying themselves as police officers armed with handguns and long guns," said John Alvarado, Fresno Sheriff's Office.
Authorities say it's unclear how the thieves knew there was marijuana at the house. Officers also say the suspects could not find any, got nervous, and ended up leaving empty-handed.
Authorities say one victim was tied up and hit in the head. That person is expected to be okay.
crimetracker, home invasion, fresno county, fresno, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals