Robbers impersonating police try invading a Fresno County home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies are looking for a group of suspects who posed as police officers to steal marijuana from a home.
Sheriff's deputies were called to a house on Church near Valentine in Fresno County around 8:30 last night. Authorities say up to seven suspects showed up demanding marijuana, and threatened the people who were living there.
"They were wearing ski masks, dark clothing, but they were identifying themselves as police officers armed with handguns and long guns," said John Alvarado, Fresno Sheriff's Office.
Authorities say it's unclear how the thieves knew there was marijuana at the house. Officers also say the suspects could not find any, got nervous, and ended up leaving empty-handed.
Authorities say one victim was tied up and hit in the head. That person is expected to be okay.
crimetracker, home invasion, fresno county, fresno, local
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled 34 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos