Robbers impersonating police try invading a Fresno County home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies are looking for a group of suspects who posed as police officers to steal marijuana from a home.
Sheriff's deputies were called to a house on Church near Valentine in Fresno County around 8:30 last night. Authorities say up to seven suspects showed up demanding marijuana, and threatened the people who were living there.
"They were wearing ski masks, dark clothing, but they were identifying themselves as police officers armed with handguns and long guns," said John Alvarado, Fresno Sheriff's Office.
Authorities say it's unclear how the thieves knew there was marijuana at the house. Officers also say the suspects could not find any, got nervous, and ended up leaving empty-handed.
Authorities say one victim was tied up and hit in the head. That person is expected to be okay.
crimetracker, home invasion, fresno county, fresno, local
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up 13 min ago
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Accuweather Forecast
27 min ago