Drug-fueled Merced County shootout ends with murder of a 71-year-old man
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Detectives in Merced County connect a drug fueled shootout to what they say is a brutal murder of a 71-year-old man.
Rogaliano Gonzalez Munoz, 29, is accused of killing the Ballico man after a February home invasion.
Detectives made the connection after Munoz claimed to be the victim of a July shootout near Winton. DNA connected the two crimes and the sheriff called it an ironic twist of fate.
As the murder investigation continues. Deputies plan to arrest three or four more suspects in connection with the crime.
crimetracker, shooting, marijuana, medical marijuana, merced, merced county, ballico, winton, local, stephanie stone
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment 9 min ago
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- FSU women's basketball headed to NCAA tournament
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced...
17 min ago