Winning Powerball ticket for over $200 million sold in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One lucky person in Fresno has just bought the winning Powerball ticket worth more than $200 million.
CHECK YOUR NUMBERS: http://bit.ly/YRGHJt
The search is on for California's first major Powerball winner.
Someone in Fresno County purchased a Powerball ticket for Wednesday night's drawing that is now worth $213.4 million!
For the first time in Powerball history, a winning lottery ticket was sold in California -- and it was in Fresno. The only winning ticket in the country came from the Fast N Easy on Shields and Armstrong.
The store owner says he was contacted by the lottery office shortly after the drawing Wednesday night. We are still waiting for the winner to come forward, but the store manager said he has no idea on who it could be.
"I'm very, very excited right now, because we have sold few winning tickets like 20-grand, 10 grand, 15 grand this time I am very, very happy now," said Lali Dhaliwal, Store Manager.
The store does get a cut of the jackpot for selling the winning ticket. They are expected to receive about $1 million.
California joined in on the multi-state, mega-jackpot lottery game back in April.
lottery, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos