Winning Powerball ticket for over $200 million sold in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One lucky person in Fresno has just bought the winning Powerball ticket worth more than $200 million.
CHECK YOUR NUMBERS: http://bit.ly/YRGHJt
The search is on for California's first major Powerball winner.
Someone in Fresno County purchased a Powerball ticket for Wednesday night's drawing that is now worth $213.4 million!
For the first time in Powerball history, a winning lottery ticket was sold in California -- and it was in Fresno. The only winning ticket in the country came from the Fast N Easy on Shields and Armstrong.
The store owner says he was contacted by the lottery office shortly after the drawing Wednesday night. We are still waiting for the winner to come forward, but the store manager said he has no idea on who it could be.
"I'm very, very excited right now, because we have sold few winning tickets like 20-grand, 10 grand, 15 grand this time I am very, very happy now," said Lali Dhaliwal, Store Manager.
The store does get a cut of the jackpot for selling the winning ticket. They are expected to receive about $1 million.
California joined in on the multi-state, mega-jackpot lottery game back in April.
lottery, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos