Winning Powerball ticket for over $200 million sold in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One lucky person in Fresno has just bought the winning Powerball ticket worth more than $200 million.
CHECK YOUR NUMBERS: http://bit.ly/YRGHJt
The search is on for California's first major Powerball winner.
Someone in Fresno County purchased a Powerball ticket for Wednesday night's drawing that is now worth $213.4 million!
For the first time in Powerball history, a winning lottery ticket was sold in California -- and it was in Fresno. The only winning ticket in the country came from the Fast N Easy on Shields and Armstrong.
The store owner says he was contacted by the lottery office shortly after the drawing Wednesday night. We are still waiting for the winner to come forward, but the store manager said he has no idea on who it could be.
"I'm very, very excited right now, because we have sold few winning tickets like 20-grand, 10 grand, 15 grand this time I am very, very happy now," said Lali Dhaliwal, Store Manager.
The store does get a cut of the jackpot for selling the winning ticket. They are expected to receive about $1 million.
California joined in on the multi-state, mega-jackpot lottery game back in April.
lottery, fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno 6 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster