Southbound 41 to be closed at McKinley for road maintenance
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Road crews are taking advantage of the perfect weather to do some serious maintenance. Southbound 41 will be closed on Sunday October 27 from 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Caltrans says the roads Valley residents drive everyday are in need of extreme maintenance. The roads are not in an extreme state of disrepair, but conditions are extreme because of the amount of work that's going to be done at once.
"Drainage work, concrete repair, striping, electrical, a little bit of everything," Caltrans Spokeswoman Gloria Rodriguez said.
Crews plan to remove dead plants, weeds, work on overhead signs and put preventative repairs in place. Drivers will be re-routed at McKinley and 41 will be closed all the way through the connector ramp at Highway 99. Highway 180 will be the best detour.
"We've had some nice weather so we thought this was a good time to do that plus we're going to have a lot of rain so we're using this as an opportunity to clean out our storm drains as well," Rodriguez said.
Drivers have also noticed there has been significant progress on the Braided Ramps Project. The concrete walls are up, and the large posts that will likely hold road signs are visible.
Project managers wouldn't go on camera, but said the progress has been good. They are about to announce new traffic patterns as well as reveal a specific completion date. In the meantime crews are still on site, working around the clock as they have been since 2012.
Caltrans wants drivers to pay attention, and this weekend they ask that you be wary of the changes affecting Southbound 41.
"Slow for the cone zone and watch for our Caltrans personnel at all times," Rodriguez said.
fresno, traffic, local, stephanie stone
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 49 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal 35 min ago
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week 18 min ago
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals