Southbound 41 to be closed at McKinley for road maintenance
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Road crews are taking advantage of the perfect weather to do some serious maintenance. Southbound 41 will be closed on Sunday October 27 from 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Caltrans says the roads Valley residents drive everyday are in need of extreme maintenance. The roads are not in an extreme state of disrepair, but conditions are extreme because of the amount of work that's going to be done at once.
"Drainage work, concrete repair, striping, electrical, a little bit of everything," Caltrans Spokeswoman Gloria Rodriguez said.
Crews plan to remove dead plants, weeds, work on overhead signs and put preventative repairs in place. Drivers will be re-routed at McKinley and 41 will be closed all the way through the connector ramp at Highway 99. Highway 180 will be the best detour.
"We've had some nice weather so we thought this was a good time to do that plus we're going to have a lot of rain so we're using this as an opportunity to clean out our storm drains as well," Rodriguez said.
Drivers have also noticed there has been significant progress on the Braided Ramps Project. The concrete walls are up, and the large posts that will likely hold road signs are visible.
Project managers wouldn't go on camera, but said the progress has been good. They are about to announce new traffic patterns as well as reveal a specific completion date. In the meantime crews are still on site, working around the clock as they have been since 2012.
Caltrans wants drivers to pay attention, and this weekend they ask that you be wary of the changes affecting Southbound 41.
"Slow for the cone zone and watch for our Caltrans personnel at all times," Rodriguez said.
fresno, traffic, local, stephanie stone
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels 11 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing 36 min ago
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel 56 min ago
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases