Former HS football coach in Tulare officially charged with DUI
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former Tulare Union High School varsity coach has been officially charged with DUI.
Darren Bennett was arrested last week after failing a field sobriety test. In addition to the DUI charge. He is also facing a special allegation since his blood alcohol content was over .15.
Bennett has been head coach for the Tulare Union High School football team for 18 years. On Wednesday, the Tulare school board accepted Bennett's request for a leave of absence for the rest of the season.
He still remains a PE teacher at the school.
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather