Man accused of kidnapping baby and mother in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A wanted man is now facing more charges after police say he kidnapped his one-week old baby and the baby's mother.
Investigators say 25-year-old James Anderson was already wanted for felony domestic violence and threats against the woman.
Police say Anderson forced his way into a home near Thorne and Dudley in West Central Fresno Tuesday night. They said he violently snatched the baby and put it in his truck, told the baby's mother he had a gun, and ordered her into the truck as well.
Police finally caught up to him at a home off of Purvis Avenue in Clovis. They said he tried to run when he spotted authorities.
"Could have taken longer if he didn't see us and jump out but we had a good perimeter so it all worked out very well," said Lt. Joe Gomez, Fresno Police Department.
Investigators say Anderson handled the baby in a very rough manner -- inappropriately shaking it during the kidnapping.
The baby is expected to be okay, but was taken to Children's Hospital Central California for treatment.
fresno, fresno county, fresno west central, clovis, kidnapping, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 9 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 32 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Accuweather Forecast
40 min ago
- Good Sports: Valley TNTV
30 min ago