Visalia man handcuffs uncle & locks him in a shed, police say
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail after police say he handcuffed his elderly uncle and put him in a shed.
Visalia police were first called to a house on East Sunnyside Avenue after a person walking by the house heard the 76-year-old screaming for help. The person says she found the victim handcuffed in an outdoor shed.
Police say he was malnourished and was not being taken care of. They arrested Marcos Abrego, 47, on elder abuse. Abrego was financially responsible for his uncle.
Sgt. Ozzie Dominguez said, "There was a detached shed on the property there was a chair inside the shed and it looks like our reporting person saw the individual saw the 76-year-old man inside the shed and she did report he had been screaming for help."
The victim is in the custody of adult protective services.
crimetracker, visalia, tulare county, tulare, local, jessica peres
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
- 5 honored for helping save Clovis man's life
- Tulare burglary suspect shot, killed by TX trooper
- Did Apple map capture Loch Ness Monster?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos