Visalia man handcuffs uncle & locks him in a shed, police say
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail after police say he handcuffed his elderly uncle and put him in a shed.
Visalia police were first called to a house on East Sunnyside Avenue after a person walking by the house heard the 76-year-old screaming for help. The person says she found the victim handcuffed in an outdoor shed.
Police say he was malnourished and was not being taken care of. They arrested Marcos Abrego, 47, on elder abuse. Abrego was financially responsible for his uncle.
Sgt. Ozzie Dominguez said, "There was a detached shed on the property there was a chair inside the shed and it looks like our reporting person saw the individual saw the 76-year-old man inside the shed and she did report he had been screaming for help."
The victim is in the custody of adult protective services.
crimetracker, visalia, tulare county, tulare, local, jessica peres
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges 46 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'