Visalia man handcuffs uncle & locks him in a shed, police say
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in jail after police say he handcuffed his elderly uncle and put him in a shed.
Visalia police were first called to a house on East Sunnyside Avenue after a person walking by the house heard the 76-year-old screaming for help. The person says she found the victim handcuffed in an outdoor shed.
Police say he was malnourished and was not being taken care of. They arrested Marcos Abrego, 47, on elder abuse. Abrego was financially responsible for his uncle.
Sgt. Ozzie Dominguez said, "There was a detached shed on the property there was a chair inside the shed and it looks like our reporting person saw the individual saw the 76-year-old man inside the shed and she did report he had been screaming for help."
The victim is in the custody of adult protective services.
crimetracker, visalia, tulare county, tulare, local, jessica peres
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 3 min ago
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery 39 min ago
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 13 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies