Chowchilla man and sister die after rollover crash in Madera County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 20-year-old Chowchilla man and his 12-year-old sister are dead after a rollover crash in Madera County.
The crash happened just before 6 a.m. on Highway 99 near Avenue 18 ½ in Madera County.
The CHP says the brother was driving a pick-up in the southbound lanes when he veered into the center median. The truck then re-entered the roadway and flipped onto its roof.
Officers say the young man and his little sister were not wearing their seatbelts and were both ejected. The siblings died at the scene.
A vehicle described as a dark or red colored SUV or mini-van then hit the 20-year-old's body and did not stop. Investigators are now trying to find that driver.
chowchilla, madera county, accident, local
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting 53 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network