Chowchilla man and sister die after rollover crash in Madera County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 20-year-old Chowchilla man and his 12-year-old sister are dead after a rollover crash in Madera County.
The crash happened just before 6 a.m. on Highway 99 near Avenue 18 ½ in Madera County.
The CHP says the brother was driving a pick-up in the southbound lanes when he veered into the center median. The truck then re-entered the roadway and flipped onto its roof.
Officers say the young man and his little sister were not wearing their seatbelts and were both ejected. The siblings died at the scene.
A vehicle described as a dark or red colored SUV or mini-van then hit the 20-year-old's body and did not stop. Investigators are now trying to find that driver.
chowchilla, madera county, accident, local
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking 1 min ago
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back 36 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer 43 min ago
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- River Park Little League ready to play ball
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos