Man found dead in a Fresno County pasture
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Sheriff's homicide team is looking into a suspicious death after the body of a man was found in a truck in a pasture.
Around 11 a.m. Monday deputies were called out to American and Cove. They found a man dead inside a black Dodge Ram about 200 yards into the field. Investigators aren't saying what type of injuries he had or what may have caused his death. Several people showed up to the scene, including those who said they are related to the man, who appears to be a victim.
"Our detectives are interviewing people that are at the scene and said that they believed that it was a family member, so they are talking to the family right now," Frances Devins with the Fresno County Sheriff's Office said.
Deputies aren't sure how long the man was in the truck before he was found. For hours Monday afternoon detectives canvassed the area and collected evidence. Investigators are hoping an autopsy will give them more clues.
fresno county, homicide, fresno county sheriff department, crimetracker, local
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Fresno kidnap, sex assault suspect changes plea 17 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball