Man found lying dead on a Visalia street
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say an officer on patrol was driving on northeast Fourth Avenue near Granite Street when he saw a man lying on the ground, unresponsive.
When the officer went to check on the man he discovered he was unresponsive. Officers say emergency workers rushed to the scene and ultimately pronounced him dead.
Officers are investigating the case as a homicide. No one called in the crime. Visalia police say the officer just happened to discover the body.
Sgt. Ozzie Dominguez said, "There was no call that generated this traffic here, the officer was simply driving through the area and noticed there was an individual in the street."
Officers are still trying to locate witnesses. Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call Visalia police.
crimetracker, homicide, visalia, tulare county, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder 42 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows 11 min ago
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos