Man found lying dead on a Visalia street
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say an officer on patrol was driving on northeast Fourth Avenue near Granite Street when he saw a man lying on the ground, unresponsive.
When the officer went to check on the man he discovered he was unresponsive. Officers say emergency workers rushed to the scene and ultimately pronounced him dead.
Officers are investigating the case as a homicide. No one called in the crime. Visalia police say the officer just happened to discover the body.
Sgt. Ozzie Dominguez said, "There was no call that generated this traffic here, the officer was simply driving through the area and noticed there was an individual in the street."
Officers are still trying to locate witnesses. Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call Visalia police.
crimetracker, homicide, visalia, tulare county, local
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 40 min ago
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks 32 min ago
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered 27 min ago
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's 47 min ago