Man found lying dead on a Visalia street
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say an officer on patrol was driving on northeast Fourth Avenue near Granite Street when he saw a man lying on the ground, unresponsive.
When the officer went to check on the man he discovered he was unresponsive. Officers say emergency workers rushed to the scene and ultimately pronounced him dead.
Officers are investigating the case as a homicide. No one called in the crime. Visalia police say the officer just happened to discover the body.
Sgt. Ozzie Dominguez said, "There was no call that generated this traffic here, the officer was simply driving through the area and noticed there was an individual in the street."
Officers are still trying to locate witnesses. Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call Visalia police.
crimetracker, homicide, visalia, tulare county, local
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases