Man dragged for nearly a mile in fatal hit-and-run in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Police Department is investigating a fatal hit-and-run in Downtown Fresno at San Benito and G streets.
Police say the victim was hit and dragged down G Street all the way to Belgravia Avenue, about a mile. They're still looking for the suspect who they say undoubtedly knew they hit someone. Witnesses near the scene were able to give a description of the driver.
"It's described as an older 70's Ford pickup, red and white in color, it possibly will have some front end damage to it and it may be lifted a bit," said Lt. Joe Gomez. "One witness said it was lifted, the said it was not."
The suspect was last seen driving to the east. Police describe the victim as a 50-year-old man and may have been homeless.
G Street between Ventura and Church will be closed for a while for the investigation.
If you have any information please call the Fresno Police Department.
crimetracker, hit and run, fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals