Man dragged for nearly a mile in fatal hit-and-run in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno Police Department is investigating a fatal hit-and-run in Downtown Fresno at San Benito and G streets.
Police say the victim was hit and dragged down G Street all the way to Belgravia Avenue, about a mile. They're still looking for the suspect who they say undoubtedly knew they hit someone. Witnesses near the scene were able to give a description of the driver.
"It's described as an older 70's Ford pickup, red and white in color, it possibly will have some front end damage to it and it may be lifted a bit," said Lt. Joe Gomez. "One witness said it was lifted, the said it was not."
The suspect was last seen driving to the east. Police describe the victim as a 50-year-old man and may have been homeless.
G Street between Ventura and Church will be closed for a while for the investigation.
If you have any information please call the Fresno Police Department.
crimetracker, hit and run, fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe