UC Merced preps for major solar energy project
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- UC Merced is preparing for a major solar energy project. Solar panels will be added to the rooftops of about a dozen buildings.
The university already has an eight acre ground-based solar array that provides 15 percent of the annual energy for the campus.
The new rooftop systems are expected to double that amount when they are up and running next spring. They'll also take the university one step closer to its goal of producing as much energy as it uses -- by the year 2020.
local, sara sandrik
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo...
25 min ago