Merced police vehicle possibly involved in death of pedestrian
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators in the North Valley are trying to figure out whether a Merced Police SWAT vehicle was involved in the death of a pedestrian.
The incident happened just before 5 p.m. Wednesday near the intersection of 'R' and 14th Streets. The CHP said a swat vehicle may have hit a person walking on the side walk.
Investigators said the officers inside thought they got too close to the person. When they checked it out, they found the victim with injuries to their upper body. The person ended up dying on the way to the hospital.
The name of the victim has not been released. Investigators said it was a person in their 50's.
merced, merced county, local, mariana jacob
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos