Man hit and killed by Amtrak train in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A person was struck and killed on the train tracks in Southeast Fresno on Friday morning. It is the second time this week, a pedestrian has been killed on the tracks and the separate incidents happened less than a mile away from each other.
Fresno Police say just before 7 a.m. Friday, the man waited for a train to pass and then crossed in front of an oncoming Amtrak train. Police say the engineer tried to stop, but could not. The man is described as a transient male in his 60s.
On Monday, a similar incident happened less than a mile down the tracks. Police said a man was crossing the tracks, waited for one train to pass and was struck by an Amtrak train.
Fresno Police say its important to remember to be cautious around train crossings.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, fresno southwest, local, amanda venegas
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 8 min ago
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery 44 min ago
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 18 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies