Three men die in Sacramento car crash, two from the North Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three young men are dead including two from the North Valley after a car crash in the Sacramento area. It happened just before 2:30 a.m. Saturday on Highway 99 near Calivine Road
The highway patrol confirmed the victims are a 24-year-old from Merced, a 23-year-old from Atwater, and a 23-year-old from the San Diego County town of Vista.
Investigators say they were all together in this 2010 Acura TSX when it drifted off the highway, collided with a chain link fence and then hit a metal pole.
Officers say the 24-year-old driver was going between 80 and 100 miles per hour at the time and was intoxicated. All three victims died at the scene. Their identities have not yet been released.
Stay with Action News and abc30.com any developments.
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76