Three men die in Sacramento car crash, two from the North Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Three young men are dead including two from the North Valley after a car crash in the Sacramento area. It happened just before 2:30 a.m. Saturday on Highway 99 near Calivine Road
The highway patrol confirmed the victims are a 24-year-old from Merced, a 23-year-old from Atwater, and a 23-year-old from the San Diego County town of Vista.
Investigators say they were all together in this 2010 Acura TSX when it drifted off the highway, collided with a chain link fence and then hit a metal pole.
Officers say the 24-year-old driver was going between 80 and 100 miles per hour at the time and was intoxicated. All three victims died at the scene. Their identities have not yet been released.
Stay with Action News and abc30.com any developments.
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos