Man shot in the face in Southeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is recovering after he was shot in the face outside a home in Southeast Fresno.
The man was hit after midnight Thursday in a neighborhood near Chestnut and Kings Canyon. Investigators say the victim is in his 60's and was shot in the face by pellets from a shotgun.
Police are still trying to determine how he was injured.
"Too early to really determine as to whether or not it was an intended target, mistaken identity what was the cause of it at this point it's really too early," Fresno Police Sgt. Steve Presser said.
The victim is expected to be okay. Police say there were witnesses and they are hoping to learn more after talking to them.
fresno, fresno southeast, shooting, crimetracker, local
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 13 min ago
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter 48 min ago
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase