Clovis couple feeds their neighbors
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A friendly welcome along with a traditional Thanksgiving dinner was served outside the apartment of April and Laurie Robinson. Anyone who wanted to eat was welcome. April and Laurie spent the day cooking and then serving at least 100 people, including the Tamayo family from next door.
"The foods wonderful, lot of sharing lot of caring that's what Thanksgiving is all about," Brenda Tamayo said.
For Robinson's sharing, caring, and bringing their community together is what it is all about.
"It's just about neighborhood togetherness." Laurie said.
"I'm just thankful for everything. We're thankful for the neighbors we have," April added.
The neighbors have more than just Thanksgiving to thank April and Laurie for. For the past year they have been serving meals in the parking lot every weekend.
Valerie Tamayo loves the food.
"It's really good they usually make tacos or soups and they make homemade bread and its really good," Valerie Tomayo said.
"We were actually thinking about moving but its Thanksgiving every weekend we are going to stay with them and they've actually out done themselves today," Albert Tamayo said.
"Every weekend from five to seven on Saturday we do dinner and in the summer we switched and id breakfast because it was too hot to do dinner," April Robinson said.
April and Laurie did not want any publicity, but their niece Ashley Boone called Action News, because she thought her aunts deserved some attention.
"I think they are fabulous, they are awesome there is something special about them doing this," Boone said.
For April and Laurie, it's just a matter of living their faith.
"It's easier to give than to receive, so I find that most people find that to be true" Laurie Robinson said.
Laurie and April do not accept money for their food, but they do accept donations of food to serve to others.
clovis, good news, local, gene haagenson
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 13 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- States sue over California's egg laws 26 min ago
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt