Police chase turns officer involved shooting in Delano
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A police chase in the South Valley ended with an officer involved shooting in Delano.
Officers were called to a possible robbery in Earlimart around 12 p.m. When police tried to stop the suspect the chase started.
Tulare County Fire says the man led officers into Delano where police from that city continued the chase. The suspect crashed into another car and then a power pole before getting out of his truck and shooting at police.
Officers fired back hitting the man in his upper body and arm. The suspect was taken to Kern Medical Center. The driver of the other car was also taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
shooting, crimetracker, officer involved shooting, south valley, delano, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe