Fresno cupcake bake sale to help Philippine typhoon victims
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A three day bake sale kicked off in the Central Valley Sunday to help send a trauma unit to the Philippines after the recent typhoon.
Father Simon, a Valley priest, founded the Cupcake Network, which asks local bakeries and people at home to bake and sell cupcakes as donations.
The proceeds will send board certified traumatologists to the Philippines on Christmas Day to help children deal with the deaths of family members and the loss of their belongings.
"Their parents die, maybe their brothers and sisters die, they experience just treacherous amounts of trauma. In this country, we send people and reprogram them, we counsel them. Over there, there is no such counseling," Father Simon said.
The bake sale runs Sunday through Tuesday. If you can't bake or don't love sweets you can still send in donations. For more information visit thecupcakenetwork.com
good news, charity, local
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tulare County
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy 5 min ago
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident