School creates account to help Merced fire victims
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A mother and baby who survived a deadly fire in Merced are now listed in critical condition.
The 28-year-old woman and her one-year-old child made it out of a duplex on 10th near E streets when it went up in flames early Tuesday morning.
A 31-year-old man, and a five-year-old boy and girl were killed.
The coroner's office has identified the man as Ignacio Figueroa-Bautista, the little girl as Geraldine Figueroa-Perez, and the little boy as Jesus Perez-Manzo.
Investigators say the fire started in the living room, but they're still looking into the cause.
The elementary school where the two young victims attended classes has set up an account to help the family.
EECU (Educational Employees Credit Union) in Merced.
merced, merced county, fire, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident