Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
MERCED COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County deputies are investigating a homicide in Planada. A 16 year old was shot to death just before 8:30 Monday night.
Detectives say Asbiel Copado was gunned down outside the same home where 24-year-old Eric Guzman was shot to death late last month.
Authorities believe both victims were members of the same gang. They're having a difficult time getting witnesses to come forward.
Merced County Sheriff Mark Pazin said, "Here's the thing that absolutely perplexes me again, no one sees anything, no one hears anything except the gunshots, and then persons are clamoring law enforcement to do something."
The teen's family gathered near the crime scene Tuesday, but did not want to speak on camera.
crimetracker, shooting, murder, homicide, planada, merced county, merced, local, sara sandrik
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 44 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers