50 Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
KINGS COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- 50 Navy pilots returned home just in time for the holidays.
Family members rushed out of a hangar to hug the pilots as they arrived at Lemoore Naval Air Station in Kings County.
The pilots were overseas for nearly nine months on board the USS Nimitz, which spent some time off the coast of syria helping u-s forces.
For many new dads, they're looking forward to making up for lost time and catching up on little ones' milestones.
"You just can't describe it," said Garrett Moore. "It's so exciting to be back home. It doesn't quite feel real yet but the more I hold him and the more I'm close to her, it gets better and better."
Rob Marrs said, "Yeah the best Christmas present I could get is being home with them and it's an amazing feeling."
On Thursday, the base will be welcoming even more sailors. More than 700 Naval officers and support staff will return home to Lemoore Naval Air Station.
kings county, lemoore, lemoore naval air station, local, jessica peres
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store 53 min ago
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos