2 victims sent to hospital after shooting at a party in Avenal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Avenal police are investigating a shooting that sent two people to the hospital.
The shooting happened in the 400 block of West Merced, near Highway 33 and Merced Street around 2:30 a.m Saturday.
Avenal police said three or four shots were fired after a party. A 19-year-old was shot in the head and rushed to Community Regional Medical Center here in Fresno with life threatening injuries.
A 23-year-old was shot in the back and is expected to be okay. Police believe the shooting is gang-related and they are working to identify the shooter.
Stay with Action News and abc30.com for more on this story.
shooting, avenal, crimetracker, gang, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 30 min ago
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF 30 min ago
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows 57 min ago
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases 28 min ago
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
28 min ago
- Traffic flowing through "Braided Ramps"
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos