Man sent to hospital after Central Fresno drive-by shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police officers and Fresno County sheriff's deputies are investigating a drive-by shooting that sent one person to the hospital.
The shooting happened near Clinton and Cedar Avenues around 10 p.m. Saturday. Police say the victim is a man in his 30's. They say he was walking along Clinton when someone pulled up in a car and fired several shots at the man.
The man was hit once in the torso but was able to run and call for help.
"He ran several blocks to where he could finally call the police and so it took as a while to figure where he was shot at where the actual crime scene was," said Mike Doyle with the Fresno Police Department.
Police expect the victim to survive. They questioned him at the hospital to try and get a vehicle description but investigators say he was being uncooperative.
fresno central, shooting, crimetracker, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it 47 min ago
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement 20 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart