Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Monday before Christmas week is an extremely busy day for UPS workers. However, some Valley residents may never receive their parcels because thieves are scouting out front doors, waiting for pricey parcels to steal.
Sheryl Ross is a franchise owner of a UPS Store in Clovis. At her busy location there's usually a line out the front door leading up to the holidays. Every box dropped off is loaded into a truck. But around the holidays, some parcels run the risk of never making it into the hands of their rightful owners.
"There will be cars driving around after that UPS truck or that FedEx truck or whatever truck it is, and going and waiting until it gets dropped off and picking it up because no one is at home," Ross said.
Ross says Valley thieves target pricey parcels. To avoid being a target make sure you require a signature before drop off.
A common mistake people make, is not paying for insurance on expensive gifts. "They don't insure the package and its $300 or $400 items and all they are going to get back from UPS is $100," Ross said.
Another simple tip is if you know you won't be home, leave a note on your door asking your delivery man to drop the parcel off at your neighbor's house - or take it back to your local hub.
theft, crimetracker, local, mariana jacob
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote 14 min ago
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Accuweather Forecast
58 min ago