Fresno County man in custody after officer involved shooting
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- The shooting happened shortly around 7:30 a.m. Monday at a home near Jensen and Prospect.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office said deputies responded to reports of a man threatening his family with a gun. They said when deputies arrived, they found the 21-year-old suspect standing in the front yard with a pistol -- and that's when a deputy opened fire.
"The deputy shot the suspect twice, missing him, and then the suspect ran into the neighborhood," said Lt. Shawn Erwin, Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
A few minutes later the suspect came out of a neighbors home and he was arrested at the scene.
At this point it is unclear if the suspect fired any shots, or if he pointed the gun at the deputy. The deputy who opened fire will be placed on administrative leave pending the investigation.
officer involved shooting, local, amanda venegas
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber 31 min ago
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney 29 min ago
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?