Clovis ghost hunter falls 30 feet inside an abandoned winery
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman is in the hospital after an accident inside an abandoned winery in Clovis early Monday morning.
Authorities went to the building on Clovis Avenue near Ashlan around 1 a.m. Monday. They said several people were inside, when one of them fell about 30 feet from a walkway.
It's unclear what they were doing, but family members say the group was ghost hunting.
"It's a spooky old building but I'm not sure what they were doing. Up to no good, goofing around that's for sure," said Curt Fleming, Clovis Police Department.
The victim, whose name has not been released, was taken to the hospital and is expected to survive. It is unclear if the people will face any trespassing charges.
clovis, fresno county, fresno east central, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos