Visalia man sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for killing girlfriend's daughter
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Jurors found Ryann Jones guilty of second degree murder and of assault on a child causing death.
Ryann Jones was on trial for murdering his girlfriend's daughter, 3-year-old Natalynn Miller.
The jury found Jones guilty of second degree murder and assault on a child causing death and not guilty of first degree murder.
Jones was accused of beating his girlfriend's daughter to death in 2009. Authorities say he committed the crime while he was babysitting the child at an apartment complex in Visalia.
Prosecutors say Natalynn's injuries were solely at the hands of Ryann Jones. But defense attorneys say the child fell off a dresser and may have been injured during CPR or may have choked to death.
Jones is facing 25 years to life in prison.
Stay with Action News and abc30.com for more details on this story.
tulare county, crimetracker, visalia, local
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 58 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt