Visalia man sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for killing girlfriend's daughter
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Jurors found Ryann Jones guilty of second degree murder and of assault on a child causing death.
Ryann Jones was on trial for murdering his girlfriend's daughter, 3-year-old Natalynn Miller.
The jury found Jones guilty of second degree murder and assault on a child causing death and not guilty of first degree murder.
Jones was accused of beating his girlfriend's daughter to death in 2009. Authorities say he committed the crime while he was babysitting the child at an apartment complex in Visalia.
Prosecutors say Natalynn's injuries were solely at the hands of Ryann Jones. But defense attorneys say the child fell off a dresser and may have been injured during CPR or may have choked to death.
Jones is facing 25 years to life in prison.
Stay with Action News and abc30.com for more details on this story.
tulare county, crimetracker, visalia, local
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard 54 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals