Three people shot on Thomas Avenue near Augusta Street in Central Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A triple shooting in Central Fresno Sunday has left two men and a woman in critical condition. Police say a man armed with a rifle shot all three victims several times at an apartment on Thomas Avenue near Augusta Street.
Police say the man knocked on the door and one of the victims thought he was a family member. Police say as soon as the victims opened the door, the suspect began firing. Emergency crews rushed three people from the Central Fresno neighborhood.
The two men and a woman were all in their early 20's. Police found one of them lying on the street. The other two victims were in the kitchen.
"They are going to survive at this time, not life-threatening, though very critical condition at CRMC," Joe Gomez with the Fresno Police Department said.
Police say the woman and one of the men lived in the apartment the other man was a friend of theirs. Police don't believe this is a random act of violence.
"As soon as they opened the door, the suspect shot them in the face, which to me indicates there might be some relationship there - vendetta type shooting," Gomez said.
Investigators are working to determine a motive. Many neighbors also couldn't offer an explanation to the violence.
"I got 25 years right here and I've never seen problems like this," neighbor Miguel Gonzalez said.
Police are looking for the gunman and they have only a vague description.
"He fled northbound through the complex through the alley and from there we don't know where he went - described as an African American male, wearing dark clothing and he had a rifle," Gomez said.
Police say there is no indication the shooting is drug related or gang related. They also say there was nothing found stolen from house.
If you have any information you're asked to call the Fresno Police Department.
fresno, fresno central, shooting, crimetracker, local, anthony pura
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting 35 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network